AMAZON

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Me Mosaic

Post #997

Somehow Nick’s Bytes has been nominated for Best Humor Award in the 2008 Bloggers Choice Awards. Click HERE to take a look and vote if you want.


I encountered this meme at Ron’s blog. It is so unique that I gave it a try with this result:

Click the Mosaic to view enlarged version.

Photo Credits
1. St. Nicholas Cathedral, 2. mock lobster 3, 3. golden morning hour.........., 4. Behind the Green Door..., 5. Sarah Silverman lingere, 6. lifestyle shot: fresca- sparkles inside to match your sparkles outside, 7. REAL... "REAL ESTATE" (IRELAND), 8. HOT FUDGE SUNDAE, 9. Hobo Grand Patriarch, 10. Somewhere over the rainbow...skies are blue..., 11. Cat friends, 12. Sinterklaas - St. Nicholas13. Not available14. Not available15. Not available16. hylda_h

____________

Here’s how it works . . .
• Answer each of the questions below.
• Surf over to Flickr (set up an account if you don’t have one–it’s quick and easy AND I DON'T THINK YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO DO THIS - SET UP AN ACCOUNT) and type your answers (one at a time) into the search bar.
• From the choice of pictures shown only on the front page, click on the one that moves you.
• Once the page with your picture opens, copy the URL.
• Surf over to the Mosaic Maker, set up your mosaic, and paste your URLs.
• Click “Create!”

The Questions:
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you attend?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. What is your favorite drink?
7. Where would you go on your dream vacation?
8. What is your favorite dessert?
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. Choose one word to describe you?
12. Your Flickr name? (Substitute a nickname if you don't have an account.)

____________

Can you figure out my answers to the questions from the pictures without referring to the photo credits?

P.S. ~ Doing this meme was fun!

Please visit Alex’s new blog: HERE
The furball has promised to write a new-post-a-day.

23 comments:

  1. I have a flickr account but trying to get my photo on my site was so frustrating that I just gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick,
    It is fun to try to discern the answers just from the pics. And those are great pictures. I'm with you - I don't know why this was so stupidly fun to do, but I enjoyed the whole exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did mine on friday... fun fun fun!

    it's amazing how this tells so much about a person :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mosaic Nick! I may have to try this one myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I likez ur pickture thingie and I likez that u haz a pickture of 2 kitty katz on it. Maybe I makez 1 to putz on my new bloggie thingie if u helpz me. OK?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m so glad everyone is having fun with this. And again I thank Ron for leading me to it.

    MJGOLCH: I am sorry that you couldn’t get you Mosaic post. I would enjoy seeing it.

    RON: Thank you. I don’t know why it was so much fun either, but it was a great way to create a blog. I may help Alex do one for his blog.

    SWEETS: I shall be over to see your Mosaic soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. DANA: Yes, please create one. The process is really enjoyable.


    ENOLA: I shall click over and see your Mosaic soon.


    ALEX: OK, Mr. Kitty Cat who owns me. I shall help you create a Mosaic for your new blog. However, please wait until after I make my 1000th blog post because putting the party together is time consuming for me. Besides, you have a new blog post already up for today and another on scheduled to go up tomorrow. OK?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is nice, Nick. A colorful way to express yourself. Maybe I'll get around to it sometime. Maybe...

    I hope you had a nice reprieve/retreat/whatever you did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAROL: Please do play with the mosaic! It is fun and can really get one’s creative juices running!

    Thank you. Alex and I had a grand sabbatical. For the first time since he was a kitten (and kept escaping from the halter), I put Alex on a leash and we explored the outside world. (The furball is now too large to escape from the halter). Of course, Alex seldom wanted to go in the direction in which I wanted to go: after all, he is a cat and not a dog! However, we had fun and I returned yesterday relaxed and renewed.

    I believe Alex enjoyed our sabbatical, too. However, he was very glad to return home and explore the world known to him around our house without that damned halter and leash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that picture. It does look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is all you, Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That picture almost has me wanting to have a blog. No, I would rather read your blog. I have too much to do to write a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Varied...interesting...colouful...YOU!

    I would like to see Alex's!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nick,

    I enjoyed your meme and thank you so much for adding my Aunt May to your prayer list.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Appears to be lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's pretty neat, i'm gonna give it a try soon.

    i went to the link to vote but couldn't find you....was it just me??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh! Sarah Silverman looks great in her underwear. You are right, it is a great meme. What a difference in images from Ron. Yours are equally interesting. Voted for you by the way. Have to go and check out Alex's blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was really interesting but sounds very complicated to do! Rather you than me...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am going to have to do this google style. I absolutely hate flickr. Ever since it went to yahoo only.. i had an account before and had so much trouble with the merge and then trying to remember an e-mail address and password that i never used. PAIN in the butt.

    hehe

    but i love the mosaic. It's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Funny to see one of my photos in your mosaic and a great meme - might try it myself

    ReplyDelete