AMAZON

Monday, May 16, 2005

Alex and Friend

During the 5 days I was out of town, I left my basement door open so that Alex, the cat who owns me, could go outside via the old coal chute. He evidently did. I closed the basement door when I returned home.

Alex was very happy to see me! He wouldn't let me out of his sight and spent the night curled up next to my body. The next morning I let him outside though the back door. Then I heard something in the house I didn't expect: cat walking. Like any teenager when the parent has gone, Alex must have invited a friend in! Alex's guest couldn't get out through the basement after I closed the door, so he evidently spent the night in my house without me knowing he was here.

I opened the basement door and Alex's playmate scatted through it. Oh, well, as Alan Holbrook supposedly said, "Women and cats do as they damned well please, and men and dogs had best learn to live with it."

6 comments:

  1. LOL, that's funny. If you're not careful, you may be adopted by a couple more of Alex's friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have a cat named Alex. Unlike your Alex, he never goes outside except when he goes to tne vet...and that has been often lately. He has been a great comfort to me and now it is my turn to make his remianing life as comfortable as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear little Alex has only been going outside for a few months. The first time he did, he slipped past me when I was on my way to an appointment and I didn’t have time to chase him down. Now going out is an every day thing—except when it rains. Alex has an aversion to water in any form.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I like the name alex for a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rudy, I hope that your lust for cats isn’t the same kind of lust that brown furry alien named Alf has for cats!

    ReplyDelete