AMAZON

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Just Wondering

It’s still very hot in Louisville and my automobile air conditioner still isn’t working. The worst part of driving is being stopped by long red lights. The heat inside the car becomes sizzling while I wait for the lights to change. At least when I am moving there is some air flow; so I have begun to drive on side streets to avoid those lights.

However, this afternoon I was caught, not by a traffic light, but by at a railroad crossing. The radio reported the outside temperature as 97 F, but it seemed like 120 F inside my car. To take my mind off of the high temperature, I began reading the bumper stickers on the cars around me.

Most were the norm I’d seem before:


HONK IF YOU LOVE JESUS
KEEP YOUR HEADLIGHTS OUTTA MY TAIL LIGHTS
BE NICE TO YOUR KIDS: THEY’LL PICK YOUR NURSING HOME
EVER STOP TO THINK AND FORGET TO START AGAIN?

However, there was a small pickup truck just ahead of me that had stickers covering the lower quarter of the back window. As I remember them, they went across the window left to right something like this:


PROUD TO BE AN AMERCICAN
NRA MEMBER (seal)
AMERICA: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT
SOUTHEAST CHRISTIAN CHURCH
I VOTED FOR GEORGE W. BUSH
USA FIRST IN MY HEART
BUY AMERICAN


Now, it may not be a big deal, but what set me wondering about these patriotic slogans, especially the last, is the on the back of the truck in big, bold, white letters was the word:
TOYOTA

No comments:

Post a Comment