AMAZON

Monday, January 23, 2006

Monday's Jokes

Here again are the best of the jokes I received in my emails last week. There are a couple of old jokes—such as the last one—that I heard years ago. However, since folks are emailing them to me now, they are evidently “making the rounds” again and so I include them here.

A serious drunk walked into a bar and, after staring for some time at the only woman seated at the bar, walked over to her and kissed her. She jumped up and slapped him silly. He immediately apologized and explained, "I'm sorry. I thought you were my wife. You look exactly like her."

"Why you worthless, insufferable, wretched, no good drunk!" she screamed.

"Funny," he muttered, "you even sound exactly like her."


Pilot and aviation jokes get me to thinking about my first skydiving instructor. During class he would always take the time to answer any of our stupid first-timer questions.

One guy asked, "If our chute doesn't open, and the reserve doesn't open, how long do we have until we hit the ground?"

Our jump master looked at him and in perfect deadpan and answered, "The rest of your life."


A man said his credit card was stolen but he decided not to report it because the thief was spending less than his wife did.


A fundamentalist Christian couple felt it important to own an equally fundamentally Christian pet. So, they went shopping. At a kennel specializing in this particular breed, they found a dog they liked quite a lot. When they asked the dog to fetch the Bible, he did it in a flash. When they instructed him to look up Psalm 23, he complied equally fast, using his paws with dexterity.

They were impressed, purchased the animal, and went home (piously, of course). That night they had friends over. They were so proud of their new fundamentalist dog and his major skills, they called the dog and showed off a little. The friends were impressed, and asked whether the dog was able to do any of the usual dog tricks, as well. This stopped the couple cold, as they hadn't thought about 'normal' tricks.

"Well," they said, "let's try this out."

Once more they called out to the dog, and then clearly pronounced the command, "Heel!"

Quick as a wink, the dog jumped up, put his paw on the man's forehead, closed his eyes in concentration, and bowed his head.


Three elderly ladies were discussing the travails of getting older. One said, "Sometimes I catch myself with a jar of mayonnaise in my hand, while standing in front of the refrigerator, and I can't remember whether I need to put it away, or start making a sandwich."

The second lady chimed in with, "Yes, sometimes I find myself on the landing of the stairs and can't remember whether I was on my way up or on my way down."

The third one responded, "Well, ladies, I'm glad I don't have that problem. Knock on wood," as she rapped her knuckles on the table, and then said, "That must be the door; I'll get it!"


A woman attended her bridge club every Thursday night and after a peaceful game or two with the ladies, goes home to fix her husband dinner when he gets home from work. One Thursday, she's playing a great game and she has an incredible hand when she notices the time. "Oh, no! I have to go fix my husband his dinner! He's going to be so angry if it's not ready on time." And she dashes out of her friend's house, her great hand forgotten on the table.

When she gets home, she realizes she has very little time, not enough time to go to the supermarket, and all she has in the cupboard is a wilted lettuce leaf, an egg, and a can ofcat food. In a panic, she opens the can of cat food, stirs in the egg, and garnishes it with the lettuce leaf just as her husband is pulling up. She watches in horror as he sits down to his dinner, and then she realizes he loves it!

"Mmmm, darling, this is the best dinner you have made for me in forty years of marriage. You can make this for me any old day, mmmmm!" And that night they had sex for the first time in months and it was great!

Needless to say, every Thursday from then on, she made this dinner for her husband. She tells her bridge cronies about it and they are all horrified.

"You're going to kill him," they say, or "He's just yanking your chain," but she continued to make him his cat food dinner and then, afterwards, they would bonk like fiends.

Two months later, her husband died and all the bridge women the Thursday after the funeral attacked our new widow for being so callous.

"You killed him! We told you that feeding him that cat food every week would do him in! How can you just sit there so calmly and play bridge knowing you murdered your husband?"

The wife stoically replied, "Hell, I didn't kill him. He fell off the mantle while he was licking his ass."


Late one night, a burglar broke into a house he thought was empty. He tiptoed through the living room but suddenly he froze in his tracks when he heard a loud voice say, "Jesus is watching you!"

Silence returned to the house, so the burglar crept forward again.

"Jesus is watching you," the voice boomed again.

The burglar stopped dead again. He was frightened. Frantically, he looked all around. In a dark corner, he spotted a bird cage and in the cage was a parrot.

He asked the parrot, "Was that you who said Jesus is watching me?"

"Yes," said the parrot.

The burglar breathed a sigh of relief, and asked the parrot, "What's your name?"

"Clarence," said the bird.

"That's a stupid name for a parrot," sneered the burglar. "What idiot would name a parrot Clarence?"

The parrot said, "The same idiot who named the Rottweiller Jesus."

8 comments:

  1. Great jokes, Nick! Thanks...I needed this today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a good Christian dog like that one. My dog is a heathen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great!!Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like the one about the burglar & parrot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More good jokes. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh! I had never seen the last joke and I just LOVED it! Rottweiler named Jesus...HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great jokes, as usual. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Punkmom: Thanks! I, too, needed some funnies today.

    Susie: Your dog may be a heathen, but sometimes I think my cat is Satan incarnate.

    Kylee: You’re welcome. These were rather good; I seem to be getting fewer and fewer really good jokes each week. I wonder why.

    Jody: I like that one, too. I think I first heard it about 7 or 8 years ago. I was rather surprised when I received it in an email.

    Azsonofagun: You’re welcome, Rex. How’s the weather in Arizona?

    Lawbrat: Yeah—if it were real I’ll be that burglar was cleaning his pants.

    Audrey: I think a laugh is appropriate any—and every—day! Glad you enjoyed them.

    Abby: You’re welcome. When are you starring a blog of your own?

    ReplyDelete