AMAZON

Monday, May 12, 2008

Too Bad It's Monday Jokes


In the spring of 2005, shortly after I began blogging, I began posting the jokes I had received in my previous week’s email under the title Too Bad Its Monday (T.B.I.M.) as the reverse of T.G.I.F. (Thank God Its Friday). So again I am going to share with you what I consider to be the best of the humor I have received in the past week. You may not agree with all of my choices, but if even one joke brings you a smile on T.B.I.M., my goal has been achieved.


A woman was at work when she received a phone call that her small daughter was very sick with a fever. She left her work and stopped by the pharmacy to get some medication. She got back to her car and found that she had locked her keys in the car.

She didn't know what to do, so she called home and told the babysitter what had happened. The babysitter told her that the fever was getting worse. She said, "You might find a coat hanger and use that to open the door."

The woman looked around and found an old rusty coat hanger that had been left on the ground possibly by someone else who had locked their keys in their car. She looked at the hanger and said, "I don't know how to use this." She bowed her head and asked God to send her help.

Within five minutes a beat-up old motorcycle pulled up, with a dirty, greasy, bearded man who was wearing an old biker skull rag on his head. The woman thought, "This is what you sent to help me?" She was desperate, so she was also very thankful. The man got off of his cycle and asked if he could help.

She said, "Yes, my daughter is very sick. I stopped to get her some medication, and I locked my keys in my car. I must get home to her. Please, can you use this hanger to unlock my car?"

He said, "Sure." He walked over to the car, and in less than a minute the car was opened. She hugged the man and through her tears she said, "Thank you so much! You are a very nice man."

The man replied, "Lady, I am not a nice man. I just got out of prison today. I was in prison for car theft and have only been out for about an hour."

The woman hugged the man again and with sobbing tears cried out loud, "Oh, thank you God! You even sent me a professional!"

A woman went to a pet shop and spotted a large, beautiful parrot. There was a sign on the cage that said $50.00.


” Why so little?" she asked the pet store owner.


The owner looked at her and said, "Look, I should tell you first that this bird used to live in a house of prostitution and sometimes it says some pretty vulgar stuff."


The woman thought about this, but decided she had to have the bird any way. She took it home and hung the bird's cage up in her living room and waited for it to say something. The bird looked around the room, then at her, and said, "New house, new madam."


The woman was a bit shocked at the implication, but then thought "that's really not so bad."


When her 2 teenage daughters returned from school the bird saw and said, "New house, new madam, new girls."


The girls and the woman were a bit offended but then began to laugh about the situation, considering how and where the parrot had been raised.


Moments later, the woman's husband, Keith, came home from work.


The bird looked at him and said, "Hi, Keith!"



20 Ways To Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity:

1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.

2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.

3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, Ask If They Want Fries with that.

4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label It "In."

5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks. Once Everyone has Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.

6. In The Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write "For Smuggling Diamonds"

7. Finish All Your sentences with "In Accordance With The Prophecy."

8. don't use any punctuation

9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk.

10. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.

11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is "To Go."

12. Sing Along At The Opera.

13. Go To A Poetry Recital And Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme

14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area And Play tropical Sounds All Day.

15. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend Their Party Because You're Not in The Mood.

16. Have Your Co-workers Address You by Your Wrestling Name, Rock Bottom.

17. When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream "I Won!, I Won!"

18. When Leaving the Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking lot, Yelling "Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!"

19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner. "Due To The Economy, We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go."

20. And The Final Way To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity.......

Copy and email this to every sane person you know.


Six Classic Affairs

The 1st Affair

A married man was having an affair with his secretary. One day they went to her place and made love all afternoon.
Exhausted, they fell asleep and woke up at 8 PM. The man hurriedly dressed and told his lover to take his shoes outside and rub them in the grass and dirt. He put on his shoes and drove home.
"Where have you been?" his wife demanded."I can't lie to you," he replied, "I'm having an affair with my secretary. We had sex all afternoon."
She looked down at his shoes and said: "You lying bastard! You've been playing golf!"

The 2nd Affair

A middle-aged couple had two beautiful daughters but always talked about having a son. They decided to try one last time for the son they always wanted.
The wife got pregnant and delivered a healthy baby boy.
The joyful father rushed to the nursery to see his new son.
He was horrified at the ugliest child he had ever seen.
He told his wife: "There's no way I can be the father of this baby. Look at the two beautiful daughters I fathered! Have you been fooling around behind my back?"
The wife smiled sweetly and replied: "Not this time!"

The 3rd Affair

A mortician was working late one night.
He examined the body of Mr. Schwartz, about to be cremated, and made a startling discovery. Schwartz had the largest private part he had ever seen!
"I'm sorry Mr. Schwartz," the mortician commented, "I can't allow you to be cremated with such an impressive private part. It must be saved for posterity." So, he removed it, stuffed it into his
briefcase, and took it home "I have something to show you won't believe,"
he said to his wife, opening his briefcase. "My God!" the wife exclaimed, "Schwartz is dead!"

The 4th Affair


A woman was in bed with her lover when she heard her husband opening the front door. "Hurry," she said, "stand in the corner." She rubbed baby oil all over him, then dusted him with talcum powder.
"Don't move until I tell you," she said, " pretend you're a statue."
"What's this?" the husband inquired as he entered the room.
"Oh it's a statue," she replied, "the Smiths bought one and I liked it so I got one for us, too." No more was said, not even when they went to bed.
Around 2 AM the husband got up, went to the kitchen and returned with a sandwich and a beer. "Here," he said to the statue, have this. I stood like that for two days at the Smiths and nobody offered me a damned thing."

The 5th Affair

A man walked into a cafe, went to the bar and ordered a beer.
"Certainly, Sir , that'll be one cent."
"One Cent?" the man exclaimed.
He glanced at the menu and asked: "How much for a nice juicy steak and a bottle of wine?"
"A nickel," the barman replied.
"A nickel?" exclaimed the man.
"Where's the guy who owns this place?"
The bartender replied: "Upstairs, with my wife."
The man asked: "What's he doing upstairs with your wife?"
The bartender replied: "The same thing I'm doing to his business down here."

The 6th Affair

Jake was dying. His wife sat at the bedside. He looked up and said weakly: "I have something I must confess."
"There's no need to, " his wife replied.
"No," he insisted, "I want to die in peace. I slept with your sister, your best friend, her best friend, and your mother!"
"I know," she replied, " now just rest and let the poison work."



Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Flying

The difference between a duck and a co-pilot?
The duck can fly.

A check ride ought to be like a skirt.
Short enough to be interesting, but long enough to cover everything.

Speed is life.
Altitude is life insurance.

It only takes two things to fly:
Airspeed, and money.

The three most dangerous things in aviation:
1. A Doctor or Dentist in a Cessna.
2. Two captains in a DC-9.
3. A flight attendant with a chipped tooth.

Aircraft Identification:
If it's ugly, it's British.
If it's weird, it's French.
If it's ugly and weird, it's Russian.

Without ammunition, the USAF would be just another very expensive flying club.

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement.
A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time.

The similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots?
If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies.
If ATC screws up, the pilot dies.

It's better to break ground and head into the wind than to break wind and head into the ground.

The difference between flight attendants and jet engines is that the engines usually quit whining when they get to the gate.

New FAA motto:
'We're not happy, till you're not happy.'

If something hasn't broken on your helicopter--it's about to.

”I give that landing a 9...on the Richter scale.”


Basic Flying Rules:
1. Try to stay in the middle of the air.
2. Do not go near the edges of it.
3. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly in the edges.

Unknown landing signal officer to aircraft carrier pilot after his 6th unsuccessful landing attempt: 'You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is.'




KATZ





Gifts for Real Manly Men


22 comments:

  1. Well my working part of Monday is nearly over but you certainly did what it says on the tin. You made me smile. A lot. :o)
    Hope you are ok, getting the hang on the new technology too!
    .
    Can't help laughing at the girl who duct taped her boobies together.
    Vanity is painful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have grown to look forward to Mondays because of you...in Accordance With The Prophecy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the useful info regarding Mandels, insanity and flying. I feel better equipped to face my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very funny, as usual. Thanks. Monday’s jokes have become a wonderful habit for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know what's funny? My mom used to specify "to go" when she would order in a drive-through.

    I just wanted to disappear into the passenger seat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very laughable, Nick. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a godsend! LOL

    Thank you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DAFFY: I really don’t understand why she taped ‘me!

    As for me, I’m still having technology problems and am far from being fully functional. Alex, however, is enjoying his computer—when he isn’t napping on my desk beside me and the new computer.

    RIMSHOT: Thank you, my friend! As long as the jokes keep coming in the email TBIM will continue. And, if they ever stop, I’ve about three years of Mondays to use for reposts!

    CAROL: Your welcome, Carol. And thank you for our email discussion of mandles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ABBY: Thank you. I suppose that the jokes have become a habit for me, too.

    CALLIE: Our parents do do things that embarrass us, don’t they?

    ANGUS: Thank you, my old friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I really needed those this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ANNDI: Thank you. Perhaps I’m an agnel rather than a saint?

    GYPSY: Thank you. I rather wish I had remembered it was Pangea Day and I’m so glad that you did.

    MIKE: You can certainly have the video! Click on the video with the right mouse button and you can download it. Or, email me and I’ll email it back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. CHINA GIRL: You are welcome! You are welcome! You are welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for brightening my night, Rev Saint.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i luv the kitty that sold the dog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great as always and as always it's the cats that make me laugh out loud!

    That duct tape looks painful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Nick ~~ Great jokes as usual on a Monday, thank you. I liked the one about the bikie and the coathanger,
    But they were all good. I hope the new computer is soon familiar and easy to work with. Does it have
    Vista? That seems to be harder at first. I have Vista and it's good.
    I hope you are keeping well Nick.
    Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes.
    Take care, Kind regards, Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some of my favorites here. I love the insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nick said: "I suppose that the jokes have become a habit for me, too"

    So you're a nun now?

    Ha, ha, I know, not funny.

    Us bird-types are kinda hit-and-miss.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Nick!

    I love the kitty who sold the dog on ebay...

    Any relation to Alex, or does he like dogs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That pickture of the kitty cat in the birdie’s cage was NOT funny. OK?

    ReplyDelete