AMAZON

Saturday, March 10, 2012

This Limbaugh Guy


My ex-brother-in-law has the reddest neck I have ever met. He is also a big fan of Rush Limbaugh. As such, my ex-brother-in-law's mouth has issued some of the most absurd and prejudicial I have ever encountered. At first I attempted to dialogue with him; however, I soon learned that he is unable tolerate an honest discussion of his beliefs. After that, I maintain my silence in his presence, even though I was often cringing inside.


Thankfully, he is no longer my brother-in-law, so I no longer have to put up with his bigotry and intolerance of others. Unfortunately, Rush Limbaugh, the inspiration for my ex-brother-in-law's right-wing fanaticism  is still around and continues to spout all sorts of absurd words.

After reading this CNN.com internet post, FCC should clear Limbaugh from airwaves , I decided to take some action. I Googled the Internet for Limbaugh absurdities. It was very easy for find them! Below are just a few that I encountered:



  • “The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”
  • . [To an African American female caller]: “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.”
  •  “We need segregated buses… This is Obama’s America.”
  • “I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”
  •  “You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.”
  • “Let the unskilled jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do — let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work.”
  • Did you know that the White House drug test is multiple choice?
  • “If homosexuality being inborn is what makes it acceptable, why does racism being inborn not make racism acceptable? … We are born that way. We don’t choose it. So shouldn’t it be acceptable, excuse — this is according to the way the left thinks about things.”
  • [To a caller arguing that black people need to be heard] “They are 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?"
  • "Feminism is about victimization. Don’t forget Undeniable Truth of Life Number 24. Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream."
  • "Colleges have been chickified. Men aren't showing up in as many numbers as they used to...This is what we have done to boys and men. The feminists / feminazis have been working for years to this end: advance women by diminishing men."
  • "Female politicians get a pass on every aspect of their appearance. You would never have stories about how some female politician's fat... There are plenty of lard-ass women in politics, and they get a total pass on it."
  • "I'll tell you, you women. Why don't you just make it official, put on some burkas and I'll guaran-damn-tee you nobody'll touch you. You put on a burka, and everybody'll leave you alone if that's what you want."
  • "Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor fractured her ankle in an airport on the way to Senate meetings. Given Sotomayor's preference for Latinas in every walk of life, I hope she can find 'a wise Latina' doctor to set that ankle as opposed to an average white doctor."
  • “…let’s say we discover the gene that says the kid’s gonna be gay. How many parents, if they knew before the kid was gonna be born, [that he] was gonna be gay, they would take the pregnancy to term? Well, you don’t know but let’s say half of them said, “Oh, no, I don’t wanna do that to a kid.” [Then the] gay community finds out about this. The gay community would do the fastest 180 and become pro-life faster than anybody you’ve ever seen. … They’d be so against abortion if it was discovered that you could abort what you knew were gonna be gay babies.”
  • "I love listening to myself!"





3 comments: