AMAZON

Thursday, June 16, 2005

My First Attempt at Photographing Antiques: I Need Your Feedback!

In yesterday's post I related that I am now into the antiques business. Today I made my first attempt at photographing one of the twenty-one antiques Jim brought to my house.

Although I have been taking photographs for over fifty years, beginning with an old Kodak Brownie camera when I was a first grader through a series of SLR cameras to the two digital cameras I now own, there was something intimidating about photographing this "1950s turquoise kitchen bowl with veining design."

Maybe it was because the photo is a "still life" and I am used to photographing people and panoramic nature scenes?

Or, perhaps it was because I had to take pictures from different angles, which entailed climbing up on a chair, which isn't easy with my body'sbulk?

Or, may it's was due to having to place the bowl on the table in my study after searching for a table cloth that wouldn't conflict with the color of the bowl, something the tartan cloth that was on the table certainly did!



I don't know the answer, but it took me thirty-six minutes to set up the picture and take six photographs. Above are what I consider to be the best two photos and I need your feedback, especially from folks who have experience with this type of photography and folks who know more about antiques than I know.

Will you provide me with your comments/feedback?

No comments:

Post a Comment