AMAZON

Friday, September 02, 2005

Now I am Bellyaching

Last night I wrote that I was feeling a lot of stress, but wasn’t going to bellyache about what I can’t change. Tonight, this being a the beginning of a holiday weekend to which I have been looking forward, I am going to bellyache, if only to help get it out of my system. And what I am going to complain about isn't what was stressing me last night.

I'm feeling damned isolated at the moment. Tonight is the 3rd time in a bit over a week that Candy and I aren't speaking. It’s always been the same two issues and they are issues over which I have no power. They are also issues that I need to talk to someone about, but not in as open a forum as a blog.

Anyway, I had not realized how much I depended upon her and her son as my family. I ate alone at a yuppie coffee shop this evening, something I haven't done in months—eating alone, I mean; I have never before eaten a meal in a yuppie coffee shop. Usually I’d go to Candy's and she would cook for her son and me. Or, we all three would eat out. My dinner tonight was a depressing experience.

And now I am finding my house to be very dark and rather spooky. This house is 100 years old this year and has a lot of history, most of which I don't know.

I interviewed for a job last Wednesday. The woman who did the background records check on me talked to me for a long time about my house. Her family owned it in the 1940s and '50s; she grew up in it. She told me quite a bit about its history, including the number of deaths that have occurred in it, which included a woman who was murdered by her husband.

I am not afraid of "ghosts," but I am feeling very much alone. Come to think of it, I would appreciate the company of a ghost right now.

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is great . If I can help, let me know. If you ever need in printing done, I'm sure you'd be interested in wholesale printing service Try wholesale printing service

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever seen or felt the ghost?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, Jody, I have never seen or felt a ghost. At least not that I know of!

    ReplyDelete