AMAZON

Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Saturday Morning Thought

Morgan MacDonald, sculptor
please visit his website: MORGAN SCULPT


I had not planned on creating a blog post today, but I had this thought a few minutes ago and want to share it:

Being a peacemaker is not the same as being a pacifist.

Patrick Henry put it this way:

Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace--but there is no peace. The war is actually begun!... What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!


I plan to post more on this subject next Tuesday.

7 comments:

  1. Interesting page:

    http://www.bpf.org/default.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I believe that being a peacemaker is much more difficult than being a pacifist.

    I find that statue intriguing.

    Thank you, Sir Saintly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe, Saint Nick, that you have had that thought before this morning. I have heard you say more than once that there can never be peace without first having justice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick,Great post. congrats on the award that Finding Pam gave you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, good post. You have me thinking.

    ReplyDelete