AMAZON

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Kicking-Off the Kentucky Derby Festivites: Thunder Over Louisville


The Kentucky Derby Festival began here is Louisville today with Thunder Over Louisville even as I write this post. First comes the Air Show, with planes in the sky over the Ohio River from
3:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m:


This evening, as folks remain packed on Louisville's Riverfront, a fireworks display that has been rated as one of the top 100 events in North America will take place:

Louisville Water Front After Dark Photographed from the Indiana Shore of the Ohio River

Thunder Over Louisville Fireworks Display

It has been several years since I have been physically able to attend Thunder Over Louisville in person. I can usually see some of the fireworks from my back deck or I could watch the whole shebang on TV, but that really is no fun.

So this evening, as last year, Alex and I shall be on our deck seeing what we can see over the trees. If the bangs from the fireworks get too loud, Alex will retreat into the house as he did last year. I shall remain until the finale, attempting but failing to capture the show in photos and video. As I did last year.


Below are videos of last year's Air Show and Fireworks Display:


Thunder Over Louisville 2008 Air Show






Thunder Over Louisville 2008 Grand Finale






P.S.
~ No bunny sightings thus far today.

3 comments: